Friday, February 6, 2015

MN PG Assistant State Captain

Fellow Members,

I was recently asked if I would be willing to fill the Assistant State Captain position upon Tim Leonhardt's resignation. I gave this new position much thought and consideration, including discussions with former and current leadership at both the State and National level. After discussing the new responsibilities with my family, I decided to accept this nomination. The Leadership Advisory Committee and Board of Directors voted to accept me into this role and I am honored to accept this mission oriented role in the MN Patriot Guard.

I have been an active member of the MN Patriot Guard since May 2006. I remember my first mission well, it was in Welcome, MN on June 3, 2006 for USMC Robert Posivio III. That mission struck a nerve with me and I've been involved with the MN PG ever since. Since that hot day in Welcome, I have attended missions in MN, WI, IA and Texas. I was not able to serve in the military due to a disability, but I have the greatest of appreciation for the sacrifices our military and their families make for our Nation.

I was asked to be the Rochester Sector Ride Captain in June 2006 and Southern MN Senior Ride Caption in Sept 2007. With the new role of Assistant State Captain, I will be stepping down as Rochester Sector Ride Captain as soon as the new RC is approved. I will be stepping down as Senior Ride Captain-at-Large as well, although I will still sit on Missions Team and the Board of Directors.

I have had the honor and privilege to have RCIC'd and participated in countless KIA, Active Duty, LEO Line Of Duty and Veteran Missions, WWII and Vietnam Re-Patriations, Send-Offs, Welcome Homes, and Gold Star Family events. This experience will continue to serve me well to assist RC's throughout the state as mission questions and logistics arise. I will also continue to participate with the Tribute To The Troops, the POW/MIA Riders of MN and Beyond The Yellow Ribbon SEMN. All this experience has been and will continue to serve two important purposes, assist and enable our members to attend missions, and ensure the proper honor, dignity and respect is shown to our heroes.

I would also like to take a moment to thank Tim Leonhardt for his unwavering support of our mission and ensuring that our mission has carried on with the highest respect it requires and deserves. Tim has been a huge asset to the MN PG, sacrificing his time, work and family for this organization, for which we cannot repay him except to say Thank You Tim, Mission Accomplished.

Thank you all for doing the right thing.
 
Craig Ugland
Rochester Sector Ride Captain
Senior Ride Captain At Large
Member - Board Of Directors