Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some Notes of Thanks From Military Family Members

A few notes recognizing that Send Offs and MIRTS matter to the familes of our military....
============================
Dear Patriot Guard-
We just wanted to thank you for braving the cold weather at 5 am this morning to see off the MN National Guard Band. Our son is part of that group and this is his first deployment. We appreciate your past and continued service to our country and troops. We look forward to meeting again with the safe return of other units.

Sincerely,

Proud Parents
============================
I wasn’t sure who to send this to, so Doug, you’re the lucky one! LOL!

This morning was my first time being on the “other side” of the flagline. What an awesome sight! Walking up through the flagline took on a whole new meaning… just the sight of everyone standing there that early in the morning at the Rosemount National Guard Armory (MN National Guard Band) brought tears to my eyes. The day was a new experience and quite a difficult one for me, sending my father off to serve in Iraq.

Now begins the harder part – waiting and praying that everything goes well for them. But it sure made things a little easier seeing all the Patriot Guard members there to show support!

Having been a PGR member for roughly 3 years, I’ve stood the flagline many times, and each and every time meant a lot, but as many PGR members know… being on the other side is a whole new experience. Being able to see from a family member’s perspective shed a whole new light on the meaning of the flagline, and the appreciation every PGR member has for the sacrifices made by the soldiers and the families.

I look forward to the welcome home, roughly a year from now when we can welcome these troops (and my dad) home with another flagline!

Please forward my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to everyone for braving the chilly and early morning to do this honor for my dad and all of the soldiers…

Sincerely,

Chris “Cowboy” Kamp
==============================

I just wanted to send a thank you to the Patriot Guard Riders. I attended reintegration classes today for my husband who is currently serving overseas. I was nervous about what to expect as this is my first time having a loved one overseas. Lately, my emotions have been filled with a lot of anger over him being gone. When I pulled up to Century College this morning and saw the flags waving I had to do all I could to hold back the tears. It made me so proud to say my husband is a United States Marine. Thank you for what you do for our Veterans and their families. Your support means more than you can imagine.

Sincerely,
Proud Wife
Wife of USMC Cpl