Thursday, May 7, 2009

Note from a Marine Family

I just wanted to send a thank you to all of those who were at my husband’s coming home ceremony. My husband was one of the Marines returning home from the Horn of Africa on Saturday, April 18th. When the Patriot Guard came into the room I broke into tears. It was a reminder of how much my husband works means to the country. Having been alone for 10 months, you tend to think towards the negative side. Seeing your guard waving American flags was a great reminder of how much our military service does for us. The pictures of my husband walking off the plane surrounded by American flags and people that came out of their way for people they have never met was just incredible. I am getting tears in my eyes just thinking of that moment.

Thanks for all you do. Words cannot express all that you do for the troops and their families. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Keep up the great work.