In order to keep donations, store profits, and funds raised within the state of Minnesota, to benefit Minnesota military and veterans, we incorporated as a 501C3 back in 2006. The Board of Directors (BoD) came along with that, and MN PG Inc. was created to provide oversight of the MN PG business operations to support the mission needs in MN and develop policies that are complementary to the MN PG Inc. mission. The BoD is responsible for the money side of the house, and policy/guidelines to minimize the liability and risk to the organization.
The BoD consists of 7 members. Standing positions include the State Captain, Assistant State Captain, Secretary and/or Treasurer, Senior Ride Captain designate. Three positions are at large positions with alternating two year terms, and no more than 2 may be from MN PG leadership. The Board members list can be found on the Sector/Contact page at our website.
The Bod is charged with numerous responsibilities, including:
- Set, approve, communicate and ensure adherence for the MNPG organizational vision, strategy, goals, plans and budgets.
- Establish policies, and ensure management systems are in place for compliance.
- Annually elect the officers of the MNPG Inc. (BoD positions)
- Approve or make appointments of the following positions and roles including, but not limited to the following: * State Captain * Assistant State Captain * Law Enforcement Coordinator * Public Affairs Coordinator * Store Coordinator * IT Coordinator * Librarian/Historian
- Approve major engagements in public policy and other external affairs activities.
- Establish, and hold the all officers and positions of Leadership accountable to measures of organizational performance.
- Ensure appropriate management of major risks (including risks to the MNPG's name, reputation, and intellectual property).
- Set policy and criteria for management and distribution of the MNPG's financial assets, and monitor performance against these policies and criteria. Make presentations of donations as requested by receiving party.
- Preserve the MNPG's core philosophical tenets, its non-confrontational style, and its willingness to take well-considered risks, consistent with its ethical standards, to accomplish its missions and programs.
- Establish contacts with other groups that support the organization's core mission objectives, and work with appropriate Leadership as deemed necessary to accomplish MNPG's mission.
- Help raise funds for MNPG.
- Position the MNPG as a highly effective, reputable and credible non-profit organization.