Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Upcoming TEA Parties on 15 April 2009

Patriot Guard Riders is a non-political organization and this event is not the kind of thing we would advertise to our members, as our members come from all over the political spectrum. In addition, taking political stances as an organization (or even appearing to) could have a negative impact on our relationship with the DoD, and as such, could hurt our mission.

Can I wear my Patriot Guard gear to the TEA Party? As to whether or not you should wear any Patriot Guard gear there, you own those items that you purchased, and so you are free to do with them as you please. All we have ever asked of members is that they think about what they are representing when they wear that name or symbol, and the hard work and dedication of tens of thousands of patriots (including you!) across the country coming together to honor our country's heroes. Personally, I don't think wearing it to a political rally helps further our mission in any way, so I won't be wearing any PGR gear while I'm attending the TEA Party. I wouldn't want the media to claim PGR was supporting the TEA Parties and show my vest on the 6 and 10 o'clock news.

George