Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year To My Favorite People!

Members and friends of the MN Patriot Guard,

I want to extend to you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. For those who are Jewish I hope the Hanukkah season was wonderful for you.

It was a challenging year in many ways but our friends and family help us get through difficult days and celebrate the great ones! Hold them close and say thanks for being there.

If any military member is reading this but not home with family please know that we here in Minnesota are eternally grateful for your sacrifice. Our freedom is because of you and all those who served before you!

To those who lost a family member this year, either a fallen hero or veteran, we know the empty chair will be hard on you. You have a hug from 5,000 people that we hope will help you get through this Holiday. We will never forget.

The birth of Jesus is to me about hope and celebration. Being in this organization your efforts and caring are what keeps me filled with both. The heart I see at every mission is a reminder that none of are alone in this caring effort and each person can, and does, make a difference.

Thank you for your hard work and choosing to make a difference. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it with you.

Happy Holidays and see you on the flag line soon!