Friday, December 21, 2007

Home

"Home" is a four-letter word that packs a serious punch, especially during the holidays - but "Welcome Home" is a knockout.

We love Welcome Home missions, and we're got a special one in the Brainerd sector. Sgt. Chad Hagg hasn't seen his children in nine months, and he's coming home to Pillager tomorrow. They're waiting...and so are we. This is the thread for more information:
CLICK HERE

We were hoping to welcome another of Minnesota's own right now too - Spc. Andrew Hanson of Luverne. He was wounded by a roadside bomb in May, and has been recovering at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Unfortunately, some of his circumstances have changed and his homecoming is on hold right now while he receives further treatment.

Paul Ramsbey, our Worthington Sector Ride Captain, remains in touch with Andrew's parents. As soon as he knows more about Andrew's homecoming, you will too.

Not everyone will be home for the holidays, though.

If you've never seen the video "Until Then," you'll want to click the link below. It's a tribute to those who serve, and the families who await their return. The music is called "Homeward Bound."

UNTIL THEN

In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing and the sky is clear and red.
When the summer's ceased its gleaming,
When the corn is past its prime,
When adventure's lost its meaning,
I'll be homeward bound in time.

Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and I'll return to you somehow.

If you find it's me you're missing, if you're hoping I'll return.
To your thoughts I'll soon be list'ning, and in the road I'll stop and turn.
Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end.
And the path I'll be retracing when I'm homeward bound again.

Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and I'll return to you somehow.

In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing,
I'll be homeward bound again.